Thursday, January 05, 2006

The only time she cleans...

The only time the Mom gets on a cleaning kick is when she has screwed up her computer, messed up the satellite dish or she has lost an important item. She is on a frenzy tonight and I'm afraid to ask which one it is this time. Although I hear the TV...

I'm in a little bit of a funk because of the upcoming Birthday. It amazes me that I survived our anniversary, Thankgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve with no tears...ok so a few but not what I had expected. Today at work someone asked me about my plans and invited me to "hang out" and I burst into tears. I have no idea why! I don't WANT to spend the day with Big Red. A little later I regained control but of course my face was BRIGHT RED from crying and someone else suggested that I might be hormonal and I burst into tears again...go figure! After work I stopped by my friend's office (in the same building) and got a quick hug and a few tears trickled out as I told her that I was sad about the upcoming birthday...I left before it turned into a "tissue event".

I'm just thankful that Mom is respecting (at least for the moment) my "blue day" as she calls it. I think I'll go make a blanket and relax.

No comments: