Thursday, May 31, 2007
By the way just how fast can a dandelion grow in a 24 hour period?
The best definition of Insanity I have ever heard is this: Continuing to do the same thing the same way and expecting different results.
I love Birkenstock sandals... However I can rarely afford them...they MUST be on sale for me to purchase a pair.
I have known way too many friends on this list....well and a few relatives.
I am pretty close to buying a different car. I just need to line up the financing with the credit union.
I bought a fish for the tank at work today. Very hardy, hard to kill fish for the daycare tank.
I have one employee that I am considering running off this image and attaching it to the write up she will receive this week.
It highlights the top 5 infractions this week. Big infractions. Policy violating the handbook type infractions.
My dad used to use this expression and most of the time the thought of it sends chills up my spine. It is however very fitting for the situation she has placed herself in.
Monday, May 28, 2007
Today is the first day I left the house for the 3 day weekend as I have slept for most of those other 2 days.
So it was easier to take the quarters to the multi machine facility for 1 1/2 hours than to spend the entire day doing laundry here at the house.
It has easily been 3 or more years since I have been to a laundromat...Oh how things have changed!
1. Keep your quarters in your eyesight at all times. I am pretty sure at least one of the guys was homeless. He sat in front of the machines and watched the laundry tumble yet I never saw him actually touch anything. He did walk around occasionally and look for spare change.
2. If one drops on the floor forget about it! The children are swarming around looking for change for the vending machines. I did see most of the parents give them a quarter or two but 1 or 2 was never enough according to the children.
3. Many different languages are spoken at a laundromat. Almost all of the children were bilingual. Even if you hear the words Mickey Mouse that doesn't mean you are allowed to smile or look like you understood EVEN if you are the one with the Mickey Mouse Item.
4. In the movies and TV shows where people are all happy and talkative... Yeah. Doesn't happen. I did not see one person grab a bottle of pop and start a dance line while singing in the building on the way to the streets to continue the "parade".
5. One has to take a car to the laundromat. No scooter in the world will hold 3+ loads of laundry.
6. Those great romances that are born out of conversations while folding your delicates at the counter? Yeah. Not going to happen. The only guys I saw where either missing MOST of their teeth (and the one or two left were already black) OR they were the smart ones who dropped off the laundry for the Pay By the Pound method. Oh wait there was one guy who had been dragged there by his wife...
7. If you walk away from a machine that you just took clean hot laundry out of to go get the wet laundry to REFILL the machine... don't expect it to be available when you turn back around.
8. I think my "laundry person" deserves a bonus.
Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.*
Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.*
Players should tag eight other people and notify them that they have been tagged.
1. I actually don't mind being tagged for these meme things. Sometimes it is a great way to get to know people.
2. At one point I was taught how to ride (drive isn't the right word) a motorcycle. I never officially applied for a license as my boyfriend and I broke up. I dropped the man and the knowledge. This is the same guy who taught me who to drive a manual transmission.
3. I was a smoker for about 16 years. Ugh I know I know!
4. I love to ski and ride the jet ski in the summer but I don't like having to do 8 hours of work cleaning my Mom's house for a 30 minute ride before it is time to leave. Even if I went up every weekend she would still find all the work to do before we would be "allowed" to ride the jet ski.
5. I am currently shopping around for a new car. At first a PT Cruiser or a Volkswagen Beetle sounded good (used of course). Now I am very fond of the used Saturn. I like the safety testing, recommendations and gas efficiency. So it is still up in the air.
6. I detest anything lemon scented or lemon flavored. I do not like lemon aid, lemon head candy or lemon cake. And don't even get me started on why companies feel the need to make dishwasher detergent or Pledge dusting spray lemon scented! When did lemon scented start to equal clean?
7. I am allergic to nylon. I can wear it in clothing only if it very loose fitting. I can't wear nylons with a dress, bras with nylon and heaven forbid socks that are anything but 100% cotton. It causes a red rash, sores and "profuse sweating" to say the least.
8. I love to burn candles. I like vanilla and berry scented but my absolute favorite is the clean linen or clean cotton scent.
Tag 8 people? I am afraid I am on the tail end of this round of tag so I do not have 8 people left to tag.
Let me know if you pick up this tag so I can come over and check it out.
Saturday, May 26, 2007
She has no problem with dogs but apparently that is only if it is one dog at a time.
I brought the dogs (only 2) from my sister's house over to my house just because it is easier and as a bonus one of the dogs doesn't have to be kenneled all night.
Yeah One4JC! You are such a loving person.
I don't think the cat thinks so right now.
Neither of the dogs is bothering her. They just want to lay beside her.
She wants no part of that.
She seems to be happiest when the dogs go outside to potty.
She takes the opportunity to rearm herself.
The bonus is that the bigger (Lab) dog takes the littler (Poodle Other small dog that I can't remember right now mix) outside for me.
They have a clever system of chaining the two together so that they both come back.
You see the older bigger dog is training the younger newer dog. And they are both happy as can be with this arrangement.
Most answers vary between 8 and 11 lbs.
I am sure that my head weighs over 20 lbs as we speak! At least it feels like it does.
This throbbing headache and sinus crap that has invaded are welcome to leave at any point in time now. At least the sore throat is gone at the moment.
I did feel the need to check in so everyone knows I am alive just not very functional right now. Go figure the first day I have off in months and I will most likely spend my 3 day weekend napping hiding from the world.
Almost all the adults at work are sick but not the kids...we couldn't get that lucky.
I am off to retrieve the dogs from my sister's house as she has made a run for it this weekend.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Several of the staff have also been nailed with it but only one ignored it long enough to let it go to bronchitis.
That is not me.
The Preschool program officially ends tomorrow and our "Summer of Fun" starts next week.
I know I don't feel good but I seriously need to have a "sit down" with one of the staff who is intentionally pushing every one of my buttons. She doesn't feel good either but that only makes her more mean than usual.
A friend of mine lost a close relative this week...well the whole extended family seems really close... this is really hard for her... so if you could say an extra prayer for her that would be great. And I know she would appreciate it.
My throat hurts so much that I don't even want to ride the scooter. I think I have a fever but given the whole APS thing a fever is not that unusual.
Well I need to go to bed as my cell phone just rang with a teacher calling in sick...ugh... so a long day is ahead.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
-It is always possible to park directly outside any building you are visiting.
-A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from duty.
-If you decide to start dancing in the street, everyone you bump into will know all the steps.
-Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override the communication systems of any invading alien civilization.
-It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts - your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.
-When a person is knocked unconscious by a blow to the head, they will never suffer a concussion or brain damage.
-No one involved in a car chase, hijacking, explosion, volcanic eruption or alien invasion will ever go into shock.
-Police Departments give their officers personality tests to make sure they are deliberately assigned a partner who is their total opposite.
-When they are alone, all foreigners prefer to speak English to each other.
-You can always find a chainsaw when you need one.
-Any lock can be picked by a credit card or a paper clip in seconds, unless it's the door to a burning building with a child trapped inside.
-An electric fence, powerful enough to kill a dinosaur will cause no lasting damage to an eight-year-old child.
-Television news bulletins usually contain a story that affects you personally at that precise moment you turn the television on.
Monday, May 21, 2007
I guess this would be reason #167 why a husband would be useful at this point.
I had a board meeting tonight so I am just now arriving home after an extremely long day.
Sunday, May 20, 2007
I did find the lyrics for Elijah at Christianlyricsonline.com
The Jordan is waiting for me to cross through
My heart is aging I can tell
So Lord, I'm begging
For one last favor from You
Here's my heart take it where You will
This life has shown me how we're mended
And how we're torn
How it's okay to be lonely as long as you're free
Sometimes my ground was stoney
And sometimes covered up with thorns
And only You could make it what it had to be
And now that it's done
Well, if they dressed me like a pauper
Or if they dined me like a prince
If they lay me with my fathers
Or if my ashes scatter on the wind
I don't care
But when I leave I want to go out like Elijah
With a whirlwind to fuel my chariot of fire
And when I look back on the stars
Well, It'll be like a candlelight in Central Park
And it won't break my heart to say goodbye
There's people been friendly
But they'd never be your friends
Sometimes this has bent me to the ground
Now that this is all ending
I want to hear some music once again
'Cause it's the finest thing I have ever found
But the Jordan is waiting
Though I ain't never seen the other side
They say you can't take in
The things you have here
So on the road to salvation
I stick out my thumb and He gives me a ride
And His music is already falling on my ears
There's people been talking
They say they're worried about my soul
Well, I'm here to tell you I'll keep rocking
'Til I'm sure it's my time to roll
And when I do
I listened to this song over and over for about a year and a half. Then Big Red and I were married and God truly brought me to my knees where I had nowhere else to turn except to Him. After a year of not listening to this CD I sat in my living room one day and listened to the entire CD...several times as I cried. I had been attending church for a few months but I didn't understand what he was singing about on an intimate level and I wanted it...that thing he had. The next Sunday in Church is when I got it...I mean really understood.
Maybe I will blog about that later as it is time for me to get ready for church.
Saturday, May 19, 2007
When you shout out of your car window when flying past a scooter rider don't expect them to understand you. Basically what they hear is "blahblahBlah BLAH BLAH BLAH blahblahblah" except it is nonsensical .
When you sneeze on a scooter...turn your head to the side.
Tomorrow I must mow the lawn and clean out my car. It HAS to be done.
If I have enough time I will wash it too.
I can't believe gas is $3.36 a gallon!
Since I don't feel I will look professional enough wearing Khaki shorts all summer I made a shopping trip today.
I am not a fan of shopping.
I bought several pairs of Capri's and some new Polo shirts.
Girl clothes I tell you. Pink, frilly GIRL colors!
Why is the Maury Povich show still called that? I think it should just be called..."Are you my babydaddy?" or "DNA questions? Free tests here" or "Out of control teens who will soon be back for the babydaddy special!"
With gas being over $3.00/gallon you would think people would be kinder to people on scooters.
Why is it that Marvin Gaye music makes me want to do very Non-Christian like things? Only the arrow click works for some reason...
Marvin Gaye – Let's Get It On
I like some of the commercials out right now. They seem to be pushing the boundaries further and further but....
I find this one to be so funny because... good grief I have been there and wish I would have thought of the wood chipper thing!
Well enough for now.
Thursday, May 17, 2007
I am writing to say what an excellent product you have! I've used it all of my married life, as my Mom always told me it was the best. Now that I am in my fifties I find it even better! In fact, about a month ago, I spilled some red wine on my new white blouse. My inconsiderate and uncaring husband started to belittle me about how clumsy I was, and generally started becoming a pain in the neck. One thing led to another and somehow I ended up with his blood on my new white blouse! I grabbed my bottle of Tide with bleach alternative, to my surprise and satisfaction, all of the stains came out! In fact, the stains came out so well the detectives who came by yesterday told me that the DNA tests on my blouse were negative and then my attorney called and said that I was no longer considered a suspect in the disappearance of my husband.
What a relief! Going through menopause is bad enough without being a murder suspect! I thank you, once again, for having a great product.
Well, gotta go, have to write to the Hefty bag people.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Awareness ribbon magnets promoting Greyhound adoption
Breast Cancer awareness
Support our troops
The purple Domestic Violence Awareness Ribbon
Lime is for Lymphoma Awareness Bracelets
Life with Adhesion Related Disorder
Pregnancy & Infant Loss
Eating Disorder: Purple & Teal Double Ribbon on White
Wild Pacific Salmon: Metallic Silver Ribbon on Black
Chron's Colitis: Brown & Red Double Ribbon on White
Animal Protection AwarenessAPS Awareness Ribbon~~ Burgundy is also the ribbon color of the following causes: Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome, Brain Aneurysm, Cesarean (worn upside down), Factor V Leiden, Headaches, Hemangioma and Vascular Malformation, Hospice Care, Multiple Myeloma, Thrombophilia, William's Syndrome.
TO PROMOTE DONOR AWARENESS
The Cesarean Awareness Ribbon
Pediatric Bipolar Magnetic Awareness Ribbon
I did some handy dandy cut and paste moves and this is only a partial list off the first 4 pages of what I am sure are thousands of pages of images and websites.
I am all for advocating causes. I am very passionate about a few of these issues as well. But have you ever driven down the road behind a car and wondered what the magnetic ribbon on the person's car in front of you stands for?
I think maybe we have overused this particular form of awareness education and it may be time to move on to T-Shirts, key chains or something else?
This thought comes from seeing a car with at least 8 ribbons on it. Pick a cause but 8? That seems a bit much!
Monday, May 14, 2007
I have been tagged by Laura! Here are the rules:
1. Go to Wikipedia and put in your birthday, without the year, in the search bar.
2. List on your blog 3 events, 2 births, 1 death and 1 holiday that happens(ed) on your birthday. 3. Then tag 5 more friends to do it!
1. 1927 - First transatlantic telephone call - New York City to London.
2. 1999 - The impeachment trial of President Bill Clinton begins. Hmmmmm If you could have been a fly on the wall before he was elected the first time in my Mom and Dad's house you would get a huge kick out of this. At the time I was determined to do EVERYTHING different than my parents.
3. 1927 - The Harlem Globetrotters play their first game.
1. 1977 - Dustin Diamond, American actor....How unfortunate
2. 1966 - Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy, American publicist (d. 1999)
1. 1986 - Philip D. Eastman, American children's book writer and illustrator
I am saddened by this as some of my favorite books are written by him, Are You My Mother?, Big Dog... Little Dog, Go, Dog. Go!, The Best Nest and Red, Stop! Green, Go!
And finally 1 holiday:
1. Christmas Day in the Julian calendar.
Oh I hate the tagging part but here it goes....Patty, Nic, Maynard and whom ever would like to participate!
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Growing up we were taught that we had to do everything for her on this day. But this wasn't really much different than other days we just were expected to smile about it and present her with a card for our efforts.
Remember the Mommy Dearest Post?
I love my Mom. We have our moments where our family looks more like Roseanne than the Brady Bunch.
Sometimes it is hard to work up the nerve to go see her because of the energy required to steel yourself against the barrage of negative comments. I truly believe that at times she doesn't realize what she is
But sometimes I think she does and has just reached the point where she doesn't care what we think.
In her later years it has become more challenging to overlook these little family idiosyncrasies. In the last 10 years there have been many times that I thought we may really need to call Dr. Phil.
I did manage to make it most of the way through church this morning before I fell apart during the final prayer. I even made it passed the point where they asked all Mothers to stand and be recognized.
Maybe I am just a little bitter today. Tomorrow will be a different day...a better day.
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Friday, May 11, 2007
It has been 2 years since that day. I am emotional this week but I think it has more to do with Mother's Day, a D & C anniversary and well.... hormones to be honest.
I find it strange that something that so consumed me last year at this time is something I may not even think about on any given day.
Now that is what I call progress!
I know my emotions are healing and I am not so focused on the negative. I still am not sure I am ready to date yet even though the possibility is there.
I don't think it is the fear of being hurt (although that plays into it) but rather more about not wanting to give up this new found freedom. The freedom to come and go as I want. The freedom to run around in my PJ's until noon on Saturday if I want. The freedom to take off on my scooter and put 30 miles on it if I want before coming home.
Don't misunderstand me. It still hurts when I think about that level of rejection. Unless you have walked that road in your marriage I don't believe you can truly understand that level of rejection and pain.
And the ANGER. I still have my moments that I want to tattoo a red A for adultery on his forehead. Spray paint it on the house or the truck.
Anger needs to be constructive not destructive. At least that is what I learned in counseling a few years ago.
I am still healing and growing in my faith every day. As long as I move forward soon I won't look back in the same way. I will look back at how God has brought me through this experience. I have already begun to share my story with others in similar situations. If I can help someone else then maybe just maybe it can make a little more sense as to why I walked though this.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Next to my work there is a billboard just like this one that says something about life begins at conception. They are all over town. I have seen them that say things about the number of couples waiting to adopt babies, this child will find the cure for breast cancer etc etc etc.
I agree with the idea behind them. I have not always believed this way but the important thing is that I do now because of my belief in God. I have always wanted children, dreamed of the day when I could have them. Mother's Day is always hard for me.
Billboards like this one always tug at my heart strings because these are the only images I have of my children. I only have ultrasound pictures of a few of them. Most of them have been given names and certain dates are harder than others. Earlier this week I passed the 5 year mark of the last D and C which marked the death of the second twin. Yes I miscarried them separately...3 weeks apart. I didn't cry this year. Progress is a slow thing.
Mother's Day I am going to the 1st service at my church so that my sister and I can meet Mom and Beau for lunch. I am hoping a few of my friends are switching services as well for the day so I will have someone to sit with in case it doesn't go well.
I am optimistic...I am hoping it will go well. Billboards like this don't help me. But I know they may stop someone from having an abortion or making a mistake they will regret.
Time will tell.
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
I have one employee who has argued with absolutely everything I have said since the old director left last week. Down to when I can take MY break. UMMM...... excuse me???!!
We have a few people out sick this week (and I am getting my feet wet this week) so I haven't had the opportunity to call her "to the office" and have THAT discussion yet. I wonder if she will be one who survives the transition. She is the youngest employee but the one with whom they have always had the most problems. I did burst her bubble several times today but we have yet to have the Showdown at the OK Corral.
Well I am off to church tonight...more tomorrow!
Monday, May 07, 2007
Tomorrow is the day to get out and vote! If you don't vote then you don't have the right to complain later.
I know we will be hopping busy at work because we are also doubling as an official polling place as well.
Sleep is calling my name.
Sunday, May 06, 2007
I watched a little TV but have spent most of the day getting connected to God. I realize how much my church means to mean when I can't attend. I realize how present God is there and how we are free to worship Him in any way that we are comfortable. It may look odd to others but no one really pays that much attention.
I love this You Tube video because this man is not afraid to worship God in any way, in the streets even.
Saturday, May 05, 2007
1. Who needs fertilizer when the new neighbors have a dog? All over the front yard I had these nice little spots that had sprouted lush green grass. I thought the lawn might be making a comeback from the brown stubble I was left with after winter had had it's way with it. After the first sweep with the mower I realized I had the neighbor's dog to thank.
2. My new neighbors have a pirate flag hung in the window of the screened in front porch. It is right next to the bumper sticker in the window that reads "Insured by Glock"
3. Sometimes grass is too thick to let the blades rotate thus killing the motor. I was unaware this could happen. Mental note to self:don't let grass get that high again before mowing.
4. Some people who hold garage sales think their items are brand new and try to charge as if they are.
5. Some people also believe that people attending their garage sales will buy just about anything. I don't believe I will buy a half used bottle of shampoo or more than half burnt candles at a sale anytime soon.
6. Petrified dog poop run over by a lawn mower can travel quite a far distant.
7. I do NOT like sweating... nor getting bits of my hair stuck in tree branches.
8. I bought a small fish tank to put on my desk at work. I find fish to be very relaxing.
9. I like self propelled lawn mowers but do not like not being able to breathe when I am done with the lawn.
10. I have been done mowing for about an hour and my hands are still vibrating from the mower.
11. If my Mom even comments on the quality of job that I did on the yard.........well it had better be positive!
12. I would rather go to my church tomorrow but my presence is required at a different church so I must go.
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Sorry I have been missing in action lately. Rest assured that my cat is not happy with my absence from home either.
Once I hire a couple part timers you will be seeing me more often.
On to the highlight reel:
Mom and Beau have been scarce in these parts recently. I am not complaining but my inbox has been much more free from the numerous daily emails.
Big Red has FINALLY gotten my name off the house! YEAH! Only the truck to go and we will have no (current) financial ties.
I was able to download the coolest ring tone to my cell phone. Have you guessed it yet? .....The Superman theme song! All for the low price of $1.99!
Stomach flu and seasonal allergies are the topics at work right now. Let me tell you how NASTY it can be when a baby is eating sweet potatoes and then ah..ahhhh.....aaahhhhh......Achoo! Yeah not one of the "perks" of my job.
There is a cool little local coffee shop across from my work. They make GREAT white chocolate mocha's 20 oz for only about $2.50.
Unfortunately Dairy Queen is also very close to my work...I foresee a potential problem there.
One of the "perks" of my job is being needed to help a tired baby be rocked to sleep. There is one little one whose Mom is built in a similar way as I am in the chest department who loves to nuzzle up to me and coo and she drifts off to sleep.
God is good.