Sunday, January 01, 2006

oh Mommy dearest....



I have discovered this link recently. It hands out a few very practical tips on how to deal with a Mom like I have. My question is this:

What do you do when you've tried these things and it STILL doesn't work?

Interestingly enough when I typed "overbearing mother" into my handy dandy search engine most of the references that came back had to do with the TV show "Malcolm in the Middle". If you have ever seen this show you'll understand why this brought me a little chuckle. The Mom in this show seems to exist solely to cause grief, pain, embarrassment and trouble for her children. Deep down inside she has good intentions (I think) but doesn't know how to handle things appropriately or with any tact at all.

I know that God lets us experience life to teach us things. Maybe that doesn't sound right...He allows things to happen for His purposes. I am wondering what lesson I missed that requires me to live here?! Maybe it is something my Mom needs to learn from God? Well whatever it is God I'm listening.

Still listening...

Oh I forgot that whole thing about His timing is not my timing...wait. Oh that word again.

Wait.

1 comment:

one4JC said...

LOL I think we may need to soon...