Sunday, January 08, 2006

Courage


Ok so I don't like spinach BUT I am strong to the finish. As the pre-divorce "stuff" chugs right along I am finding myself getting stronger and stronger. I am standing firm in what I believe and what I know is right. I know that it is ultimately God who is helping me find this new found sense of courage. To look at who I was 7+ years ago I was completely different from who I became during our marriage. My self confidence was shot, my spirit was broken and I was a lump of nothingness so to speak. I am finding myself regaining that sense of self worth, courage and inner strength that I once had.


Walking through the pain, betrayal and hurt that goes along with ADULTERY has actually made me much stronger. It has taught me that I need God. Since I became a Christian I have always known that but at times I need reminded. God lifts me up and carries me through difficult times. I am reminded of these verses:

Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


Isaiah 41:10 (The Message)
10Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.

People have even begun to comment on how different I am behaving. They see the "old" me or they are seeing a side of me they were unaware existed. The only people who do not like the person I am becoming again are the people whom I have allowed to bully me for that season of my life. That door is now closing. When all is final I will lock the door and never be that person again.

No comments: