Sunday, January 15, 2006

My Superman

It is kind of funny how I was missing my Dad lately and I check out the sister's blog to find her ode to Dad today as well. I won't rehash all the details of his passing but a few things have stuck out in my mind recently.
  • If Dad were here he would be helping us deal with all these memory problems
  • We honored my Dad by exhausting all medical possibilities and asking God for His will to be done.
  • My Dad would be kicking Big Red's butt right now! He was by no means the perfect Dad but one thing we always knew was "nobody messes with my girls".
I collect Superman because of him. He did fight so hard to stay here with us. I wear superman clothes to remember him and honor his memory. I started collecting things so that someday I could tell my children about this great man I knew and be able to share a little piece of him with them. But today I can be assured that he is in Heaven right now playing with his grandkids who beat me there.

I miss my Dad today as well...

No comments: