Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Bulgaria or Jamaica?


Well now I have a dilemma. I have become aware of a Missions trip to Jamaica in October. My dilemma is that the later date would give me more of a chance to get my life settled, more time to raise the funds needed and the opportunity to be able to use vacation time to help cover my expenses. The other appealing factor is that in Jamaica we would be working at/ helping out at an orphanage versus the College we would be helping at in Bulgaria. My degree is in Early Childhood Education. This might be an opportunity to see what I might be getting myself into while I am still considering international adoptions. Maybe He was waiting for me to give up fighting the trip to Bulgaria so He could send me where He really wants me to go? I know it is in God's hands so I will wait for direction from Him.

In the mean time I have decided to start making and selling those "No Sew" Blankets to help finance whatever trip He is sending me on. It also keeps the Mom out of my hair while I make them and she's happy I'm being productive.

1 comment:

Laura said...

That's great news. As you know, I have no job as of 1/13, but I am sure I have one before you either go to Bulgaria or Jamaica. So...let us know when you're doing your fundraising. It might not be a lot but I'll help if I can.

Oh, and I know it's not about WHERE you go on a mission trip, but I'd like to point out I have no pics of Bulgaria in my Caribbean Countdown photo of the day...