Friday, March 24, 2006

Spring Fling

So our children's pastor asked me to participate in a lock in event this weekend called Spring Fling. I declined to do the almost 24 hour event but agreed to help chaperone the worship service because some of the group leaders are also members of the Youth Worship band that will perform tonight.

I just don't think I am up to being locked in the same rooms that I work in 40 hours a week and worship in that building every week as well. I did ask if Big Red would be helping before I agreed to help. I was told no.

I have continued to pray for Big Red as he seems to slip further and further away from God , the Church and the friends and relationships we had established. I have released him to God as I don't believe it is my responsibilty to anything more than pray at this point. But it doesn't mean I want to be helping at the same events if he chooses to reappear at Church. Of course first he would need to ask to be able to partcipate in a ministry leadership position and right now there is no way he would be allowed to minister to others (by teaching a class or mentoring children) when he can't get his own life under control.

He has in the past been a group leader for this event and talked about how powerful it is to watch the children worship with relatively few adults present. Big Red said it is just different and he couldn't explain it.

I am excited to see how things go tonight. Maybe I will update later.

No comments: