Sunday, March 05, 2006

Reach out to Him

I think the thing that we forget sometimes is that God is only a spoken word away, a cry in the night or whisper away. All we need to do is reach for Him and He accepts us with open arms. He forgives us when we ask. It doesn't matter what we have done He forgives us and washes away all the junk of the world.

I had a difficult time understanding this before I was a Christian. I thought I had to make myself good enough for God. Well that can never happen! I thought that He only listened to "His children" His saved ones you know those "perfect Christians". Believe me when I say I had done many things wrong...even by the worlds standards I was on the fringe ethically speaking. At points I made no effort to even appear as a good decent human being. I simply didn't care.

Through a series of events like the miscarriages of the twins, loss of a parent, impending loss of an in-law, added stress in the form of Big Red's sister and family living with us within weeks of the wedding, the uncertainty of September 11th, both of us being unemployed for a period of time and many other things I found that God had drawn me close to Himself. Amazingly through all these things I survived despite the fact that I was not depending on God.

It took a couple of very close friends to reignite the seeds of faith that had been planted so many years before. Someone to explain that God was only a thought, a word, a cry for help away from me.

If you gain a laugh or a smile from reading my blog it is great. If you are a follower I hope that you are inspired to share your faith with someone else. For others, at the very least I pray that I am planting a seed of faith that someone later in your life will cultivate into great faith.

I still have the link at the side for God's Plan...do you know Him?

Check out this cool link to a video called "That's my King". Turn up the sound and enjoy it.

No comments: