Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I'm not Hitler!

Sometimes I wish I could take the best characteristics out of one person and place them with other characteristics from another to create another whole person. Now before you think I am aligning myself with Hitler hear me out.

I am not suggesting the "perfect person" but it could make life and work a little more bearable. I have worked with some wonderful people in my life and I have worked with a few tyrants in my life as well. I wish at times that I could take the best characteristics out of several different people and create a coworker/ supervisor who is patient, tolerant, rich (so they could pay me well), benevolent, full of grace and mercy, but strong enough to hire and keep the people who care about the job they are doing and doing it well.

Most of the people I work with are great. Some have even become people I consider to be friends. When you work in a building full of women there are bound to be issues but the mature people choose to work it out like grownups.

I love what I do for a living. It is my passion to work with children. I love to be that influence, that nurturer and the one who makes a difference in their life. I just wish everyone I worked with felt the same way. And I wish as a society we could make a choice to pay teachers what they deserve. All teachers.

No comments: