Saturday, March 04, 2006

If only it was Jane Goodall...


So we went to start separating the bills etc. today. We got to the assigned Cell phone company and actually agreed on which phones to trade up to (we both were running out of time with our phones constantly dropping calls and other numerous problems because of their age). Overall not a horrible experience yet...

They ran his credit history to start the new account and even with his soc. number entered it kept coming up that he was 63 years old. Granted he is older than me but only in months not years! Long story short ( I know too late) his name is actually Big Red the III (well you get the picture). That is exactly how old his father would be right now had he not passed away a couple of years ago. Quickly turning horrible....

I did end up with a new inexpensive phone complete with camera and all the bells and whistles that I need.

The highlight to this whole afternoon was when we were playing around with the cell phones on display we found one that has a ring tone of a woman's voice saying, "Honey I want to talk to you!" We both burst into laughter. The thoughts in my head were a combination of why would I want to talk to him and maybe he could use that for his girlfriends. I think maybe his thoughts might have been similar.

I dug out this old Farside cartoon by Gary Larson and had to post it. It seems today I have a sense of humor about the entire situation just because of it's absurdity. I wish it would have been Jane Goodall because I know I could have taken her out :o)

No comments: