Friday, March 17, 2006

Oh St. Patty

Ok I had to post the standard St. Patrick's day montage for everyone. The odd thing is that I am actually Irish. But that was not always a good things growing up.

In my younger years I would have been drunk on a barstool by now. But given my issues with libations I choose not to partake in the festivities this year.

Although I am hoping that Mom has a date tonight just so she will leave the house. Beau has been sick all week so she hasn't seen him since Sunday evening. For those keeping score that mean she has missed 3 dances and a dinner with him. She seems to really like this guy and is looking forward to the entire family having dinner together after Church this Sunday. I have met him but other members of my family have not yet had the pleasure. I hope they will be able to get passed the resemblance to my late father.

I have done a little research on St. Patrick himself and wish to include it but why type all that when you can click this link and find all the information you need. If you want "just the facts" you can follow this link to see the historical perspective.


You can find fun games for the kids at this one. Or fun facts on beer, screen savers and poems at this site. If you are like me and enjoy the trivia side of things try this one.


Well since I will be saving my money this year I could not resist posting this shamrock picture made with a dollar.

Have a great day and please drive safely tonight!

I leave you with two of my favorite Irish blessings:

May your day be filled with blessings
Like the sun that lights the sky,
And may you always have the courage
To spread your wings and fly!

And

May your troubles be as few and far between
As my grandmother's teeth.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Today is my name day, and St Patrick is my Patron Saint, since I have the feminine version of the name Patrick. In my family, it is almost like another birthday. On our name days we receive kind sentiments and get good will wishes for a long and happy life from our loved ones. It makes for a special day.