Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Divorce Sucks!

The DivorceCare class has helped me tremendously by helping me cope with all the different emotions I have right now. I am starting to feel a little hopeful about the possibility of having a future of some kind.

The bottom line is that Divorce Sucks! I detest the tearing apart feeling, the lack of control I feel, the "looks" by people who don't understand the situation and all the other crap that goes along with it.

The funny things that pops into my mind when I look at the picture above is:
* Why is she gripping the bag so tightly?
* Is that a half drunk smile?
* Divorce makes you poor...she can't even get her roots done....

Do you have any thoughts?

 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty said...

When I looked at the picture, and then read your reactions I thougth:

1. Stability, healing, hope for the future. These are the things we get from our heavenly Father.

2. Once you discover these gifts, it is natural to hang on tight as to not lose them. We need to remind ourselves that God wants us to share all of the gifts he gives to us. The more we learn to give, the more we are blessed. We need to walk with confidence that even if we drop our bag, we will be loved and cared for, as we are all God's children.

3. Are you projecting/mirroring your feelings, and worried that you will not be able to afford to get your roots done? No matter the color of our hair, (how much we weigh, how much money we have in the bank, etc...) God loves us anyway.

4. Divorce is never a walk in the park, but divorce always leads to change. Change is a great catalist to growth, and growth is ALWAYS good. If you believe you are walking God's path, have no fear..... Benefit will come from you divorce.