Sunday, February 19, 2006

What is God up to?

Lately in Church and my prayer time it has really been driven home to me that God is using the experiences in my life to prepare me for the plans He has for me. You see I have an agenda but it doesn't matter what I think the future holds when I am submitting to God's control in my life. I have promises that He has given to me that I hold on to but they are in His time and His ways not mine. When I take back control I am effectively saying I know better than God.

At times it may look like I am bucking the system, being naive or being trampled by those around me. As long as I am following after God with my whole heart I don't care if I look like a fool to the rest of the world. I know that He will take care of me if I am in His plan.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

I hope when people look back at my life they see a woman who sought God with her whole heart. I also hope they see a woman who was devoted to changing the world one person at a time for God and a women who wanted to be in God's plan no matter what the cost.

No comments: