Friday, February 24, 2006

Certified mail or male?

So I stopped by the house today to pick up the mail and see if he had gotten "the papers" yet. I stumbled across the little slip of paper that he must take to the post office to get his "certified mail" piece. It is dated for yesterday so I know he hasn't been sitting on it so to speak. It says the final date for him to retrieve it is March 2nd.

Here is my concern...
Big Red is of the species Canninius Male. He is not the type of person to remember to go pick up a letter at the post office. I was always the detail person. For some reason in his world if it doesn't have breasts, antlers or a trigger it hasn't ranked as a high priority to him. I know his work schedule pretty well because I have tried to go to the house when he is not going to be home. I also know that the only time he could really feasibly sign for this letter before Thurday will be Saturday morning. When/if it is returned to the post office then he will be facing getting served by a Police Officer.

No big deal right?

Wrong. He is one of the most difficult people to track down. He is either at work 3 counties away, over at a "buddies" house, with his mom at 1 of 11 different properties, at the pawn shop or any number of places....Trying to have him served by a person will take days if not weeks.

I just want to keep things moving forward so we don't stall the process any longer than we need to.

3 comments:

maynard said...

You have to let go and let God take over.

On a side note, my former spouse picked up his papers at my lawyers office. He only had a P.O. Box at the time, and really did not want to be served at work, the fire station. But he asked if he could pick them up at my lawyers office, and that was ok with my lawyer.

Just a thought.

How is your DivorceCare Class going?

Sheri said...

Let it go. Stop worrying. You need to distance yourself from him, the house, and his obligations. Live, it will be done in the time God decides.

Dan Turkette said...

Money may be an issue, but I used to work with process servers. For tough ones like this we'd just camp outside their house until the wee hours of the morning if necessary. It was usually just a one-day affair.

FTR, you are not obligated to use a paid process server.