Monday, February 20, 2006

A new week with a funny start

Ok a funny thing happened today that I probably should not be getting as much pleasure out of it as I am.

I received a phone call from Big Red:

Big Red: Hi...How are you?
One4jc: (tentatively answers) ........ Fine and you?
Big Red: Well I've had a bad day and I need a favor. Can you.....Phone goes dead....

I am thinking... well he must not need it that bad!

I try to call back and get his voice mail.

Three or four minutes passed and the phone rings but it is a number I don't recognize. I answer it to hear Big Red apologizing for his phone going dead.

I listen as he vents about how awful his day has been because he, among other things, has left his keys in Goshen (over and hour away) and his truck is across town but he has no way to drive it since he doesn't have keys.

In fact he can't get in the house!
The favor he needs is for me to drive over and let him in the house.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......

Several things went through my mind at this point...
Like saying,
"You've had a bad day don't you have a girlfriend you should be telling this to?"

"A bad day?... Try finding out that your entire life will be changing forever because your spouse committed adultery."

"Oh if you had gotten me truck keys like I asked you to (over a 1000 times) you would have an extra set to use tonight."

"Keys to the house? What keys?"

Several other things went through my mind so quickly and I forgot them because all of a sudden the humor of the situation hit me.

I tried to surpress my laughter but I think a little may have seeped out before I hung up.

I didn't want to appear as though I had nothing better to do... So I slipped on my shoes...stopped to brush my hair...pet the cat... oh wait I need to go back and set the password lock on my computer....oh he he I think I need to stop and make a *tinkle*....I think I want to wear a different shirt...the car DOES need to warm up before I leave for the house....

I did make it over there and I did let him inside the house, but the thoughts I had...

1 comment:

Laura said...

OK, you don't have a tagboard so I'll leave it here. Just looking at your quote of the day. Are you sure that your Bible Verse of the Day is randomly generated.