Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Oddly enough

There are several things I need to remember when I get down on myself about where I am at in my life.

Oddly enough I used to live about a block away from where this happened. I guess all in all I have handled this adultery situation fairly well. I mean I didn't shoot him like the man in this story shot his wife when he discovered them.

I discovered this article about the pluses and minuses of revenge. Part of what Pat Gaudette, says is this:

"Because revenge is a part of the anger process, it can be helpful to think through harmless scenarios with the other person "getting theirs."Daydream, if you wish, about your ex being caught by his or her boss in a compromising position. Or think how much you'd like to watch as "she" attends a fancy party with the back of her dress stuck in the top of her pantyhose. Or perhaps you'd like legal revenge on a cheating spouse, or alienation of affection revenge on the other person. There is nothing wrong with thinking about revenge for a little while. But don't let it consume you."

This gave me a good chuckle as I pictured the above.

And of course there is not a shortage of lopping off body parts stories. And this one complete with a cartoon. And it isn't just Americans who do this.

As long as I don't get stuck in a revenge stage or actually act on it I will be fine....says the DivorceCare people.

I am not really focusing on this. The only reason it is on my mind is because of the shooting down the road from me.

I am actually sitting here laughing to myself because I can see a few people I know making mental notes and wondering if they still have the number of that one counselor I used to see. I am ok...Really....no need to call in the calvary...I promise.

2 comments:

Editor said...

Could you link to my new blog: http://fortwayneinsight.blogspot.com

Steve "Tiny" Michaels said...

Could you link to my old blog....er, never mind. You have.

Sigh....the kid (^^) wants attention....