Thursday, April 20, 2006

A sad day

One of my childhood friends has passed away. We have definitely have gone down different paths in our lives at this point but man what a shock this is to me. He was only 30 years old.

I grew up not far from his house and we saw each other all the time because our parents were friends.

He was one of the few people that was allowed to come spend the night at my house when I was little.

When my grandpa passed away when I was 10, my sister and I were sent to their house to spend the night while my parents helped with the arrangements.

I know that he was extremely intelligent because of the ideas he could come up with that usually got us in trouble.

I know from the obituary that he had 2 children...I can somewhat understand that pain...but not from that young of a perspective...

I am praying for his family and I hope to attend at least the calling even though I have not seen him in years.

A life cut short...

No comments: