Friday, April 21, 2006

Rest In Peace


I went to the funeral home tonight to see Brian's family. It was odd to see his son because he looks so much like Brian. I didn't get to see his daughter but she was there somewhere.

The other odd thing I found out tonight was that Big Red worked with Brian. I found out that my childhood Best Friend who I hadn't seen in 15+ years had actually been out in front of my house...while I was living there...and I hadn't known it. Of course there was no reason that Big Red or myself would have ever put together that we knew the same person. I do not believe I would have recognized him. He had gone a different way than I have gone...He had so many tattoos that I could have spent hours just reading them. Down to his fingertips...

My mind has been flooding with memories this week. When "Thriller" came out Brian had the zippered pants and jacket. He would listen to the cassette tape so much that his parents made him go to the garage and then outside and listen to it. He broke the first tape by listening so much. Before dual tape players exsisted he figured out how to set 2 tape players together...1 on play and the other record...so he would always have a copy of "Thriller" to listen to. He even learned how to Break Dance...LOL.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I am sorry for your loss, death is sad for those left behind. Remember that death also represents victory. Brian is probably teaching Michael and Gabrial to breakdance, (as they check out his tatoos) even as I type. (Writen to make you smile, not offend you!)