Sunday, April 09, 2006

Do you hear my prayers?

So often I cry out to God. I am on my knees before Him pleading my case, giving Him my wish lists and even giving Him suggestions on how to complete the things I need. He doesn't need my help...

He created the Heavens and the earth without me so I know He can handle any problem I am faced with.

We need to be obedient to what He asks of us. We need to listen for His answers during our prayer times as well.

I came across this poem that is based on the Footprints...

Butt Prints In The Sand
One night I had a wondrous dream,
One set of footprints there was seen,
The footprints of my precious Lord,
But mine were not along the shore.

But then some stranger prints appeared...
And I asked the Lord, "What have we here?
Those prints are large and round and neat,
But Lord, they are too big for feet."

"My child," He said in somber tones,
"For miles I carried you alone.
I challenged you to walk in faith,
But you refused and made me wait."

"You disobeyed, you would not grow,
The walk of faith you would not know...
So I got tired, I got fed up,
And there I dropped you on your butt."

"Because in life there comes a time
When one must fight, and one must climb,
When one must rise and take a stand,
Or leave their butt prints in the sand."

Yes I know...Deuteronomy 31:6
6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."


But the thought is still funny!

No comments: