Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Happy Day

I think today is the first day in many months that I have been able to do things for me all day long! I have perused my favorite blogs, searched for a job with benefits, took a leisurely shower, listened to some of my favorite music and even listened to a little Kenny Chesney music on CMT on a special called "Be As You Are". I guess if I'm going to a concert I would like to know more songs than the one about a sexy tractor?!

I continued to do research on APS. I want to be well informed if I am the one who needs to educate my Doctor. I may end up traveling to Indy or South Bend to get things started but I don't want to make that drive every week for bloodwork to be done. It is important that we inform ourselves because Doctor's are not perfect. They are only human (gasp!) and while their knowledge of the Human body is more vast than mine I know there is still so much they do not know or understand about it.

I have enjoyed my day off and will enjoy another one on Friday....shhhh don't tell my Mom yet. I have discovered if I wait until the last minute to tell her I have a vacation day then she doesn't have time to plan my day for me. On the other hand she does appear to be "firing on all cylinders" today.

I was scheduled to finish up the last of the DivorceCare classes tonight but there were only 3 of us that would be able to make it. It will be rescheduled... again.

I am still so happy that I was able to relax today.

2 comments:

rosalie said...

From what Laura tells me we will be seeing you at a show come the end of the year so I will give you a little insight from a Kenny Chesney nut; the only song from that special he will sing is Old Blue Chair. If you really want to know some of the songs then you will have to purchase When The Sun Goes Down and The Road & The Radio.

TanteToma said...

One4JC,

I just got some news...two of my very dearest friends from Germany, Meghan and Sean, will be married in San Diego over Labor Day weekend. SAME AS CLOSING WEEKEND!

That is now two...count them...TWO weddings that will interfere with Kenny shows! I'll miss Oakland on June 13th (cousin's wedding in FL) and now Indy on September 3rd.

The nerve.

Of course, I did say to myself, "Screw Meghan and Sean, I wanna see KC & Dierks!!"...but then, well...that's not very nice. I mean, I actually considered skipping out - then thought, "Would I want them to do that to me?"

Friggin' Golden Rule.

I really was looking forward to meeting you - but I STILL HOPE YOU GO!!! LJ will be there, along with the rest of our KC Fight Club crew...you'll love 'em!

Sorry girlie. I hope you have a great weekend.

Cheers,
Toma