Saturday, April 01, 2006

1. Peas

This is the first of several posts I will be combining from my other blog about useless information about me.

I don't like peas~ I never have. Never will.

There is a story in our family folklore about when I was very young and peas. I was always given 4 or 5 peas on my plate to eat even though I didn't like them. Even though I do not remember this specific incident...

Being the youngest I sometimes felt lost in the shuffle of the family. This was evident on the evening when my parents believed I had eaten my sampling of peas without complaint. Of course this had NEVER happened before.

Well actually it didn't happen this time either.

Shortly after dinner I was in trouble for picking my nose ( I said I was young!). The usual threats, swats and punishments were not working on this evening. I continued to dig! In a ball of tears and another spanking on the way I finally yelled,

"PEA IN MY NOSE! PEA IN MY NOSE!"

After a quick look it was decided that indeed I had stuck several peas up my nose and they were now bothering me!

It was always helpful to have a next door neighbor who happened to be a nurse. This probably saved us thousands of dollars growing up in a family of 3 children with the oldest being a brother who beat the snot out of us on a regular basis...but that is a different post.

Off to the neighbor's house we went so that my Mom could hold me down while Nurse Neighbor extracted the peas from my nose.

I still don't like peas and will not eat anything with peas in it.

No comments: