Friday, April 14, 2006

6. One of the worst Easter's ever...

A long long time ago when I was a wee little lass of only 8 I woke up on Easter morning itchy and scratchy but still wanting to hunt for the lovely Easter eggs that led to the cache of candy in the kitchen.

Yes... you guessed it I had the dreaded Chicken Pox!

I was not permitted to attend the sunrise service that morning so I missed the cool breakfast at dawn. I missed lunch at Grandma's (the nice one). I was forced to be slathered in Calamine lotion and yelled at every time it looked like I might be thinking about itching anything! Then my brother was given a job....

Sidenote: My brother was 11 years older than I. And henceforth we will call him Bubba. Bubba was a arrogant, mean-spirited, evil, chauvinistic pig.

That week Bubba was given the job of dotting every little Chicken Pox blister with Calamine lotion. Bubba thought he would be cute and play connect the dots. Of course he said it was because I was moving around and fighting him on having it put on. I subsequently got in trouble for wasting Calamine lotion "because money doesn't grow on trees".

As if it wasn't bad enough that I had to strip in front of my brother, be doused in this white stuff then I got in trouble to boot.

The only good thing was that I had my Spring Break extended by another 1 1/2 weeks.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I also had chicken pox over Easter. I was 14. I can remeber babysitting for Pastor Ron's kids. Joy came home and I said, "HEy look at this Joy. It's itchy." She said, "Ummm Sheri, go home take a HOT shower, if more pop out you have my dear have chicken pox" I had a MILLION pox. I had pox where no pox should ever be. It was miserable. But I also had an extended spring break.