Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Year in Review 2006

The year in highlights:
  1. I started the year off by filing for divorce from Big Red. It is not yet final but should be within the next month. I have come a long way from the teary mess I was at the beginning of this year. I am more confident in myself and my abilities as this year comes to an end.
  2. My Mom became engaged and was married in Sepember of this year. It has been interesting to say the least as we try to all get to know each other and combine this huge group of adults into a new family. I have 2 step sisters who are Grandma's and that makes me a Great Aunt. I remember as a child going to funerals of my Great Aunts and I am positive that I am not THAT old.
3. I took a huge step in my faith and went on a Missions trip. You faithful readers will know that I went to Jamaica in November. God worked in my heart in so many ways before, during and after that trip. I became more confident in what I CAN do. I discovered I can build things.
4. I am still growing in my faith and I have refused to get angry with God because of choices that Big Red has made.
5. I have discovered the joys of riding around our fair city on my Scooter. I love feeling the wind in my hair (through the helmet of course) and the warm sun on my skin. Oh How I can't wait for summer again!
6. I have become comfortable in sharing the story of how this happened. I no longer burst into tears everytime I think about the day I found out and the impact that one day has had on my life.
7. I am looking forward to 2007. I could not say the same about 2006. I see the future ahead of me and it looks promising. It has to be better than the last 2 years!

2 comments:

Patty said...

I am proud of how far you have come over the past year, and excited to see what wonderful things God has in store for you in 2007

Sheri said...

Busy year! And you didn't even mention the thousands of noses you wiped or the thousands of diapers you changed! LOL

Looking forward to the new year as well!