Saturday, December 30, 2006

A very bad man

I don't care what you political preferences happen to represent.

With that being said check out this link to an article on the execution of Saddam Hussein.

Now I don't want to hear any garbage about the news source I choose to link to, how they are slanted one way or the other or biased.

Saddam Hussein was a very bad man. Period.

He killed people for disagreeing with him. He killed out of intimidation. He killed for power. I believe he killed for the sheer enjoyment he received in his sick little blackened heart.

He wasn't remorseful, sorry or apologetic. He was a representation of true evil.

Yet somehow I am saddened by his death. He carried a copy of the Quran with him to the gallows. Given his mocking last statements, apparent lack of feeling and the overall statement he has made by living his life in this way lead me to believe that he probably did not have a "deathbed conversion" to follow the teachings of Christ.

Some may be happy to see this man "rot in hell". My prayer for those people is that someday they can work through the bitterness and hatred in their heart.

My prayer for the world is that we can start to look past the corruption, evilness and death that this man seemed to represent. We need to look forward and stop blaming each other for the perceived mistakes of others.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes. He was a weenie head