Thursday, November 16, 2006

My view

This is the view I had on several nights during my trip. This is the sun setting over the mountains behind the children's home I stayed at. While I was there I was reminded daily about the glory of God. His wondrous creations in nature are evident everywhere you look. From the mountains, the flowers, the beautiful sunrises and sunsets (and even the darn little bugs that have decided to plague me still with the haunting bites) I was in awe of the creativity and might of God.

It reminded me that yes God did create the universe. No I did not come from Monkeys. And as it says in:

James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. (NIV)

Job 1-6 Job now resumed his response: "Oh, how I long for the good old days, when God took such very good care of me.He always held a lamp before me and I walked through the dark by its light. Oh, how I miss those golden years when God's friendship graced my home, When the Mighty One was still by my side and my children were all around me, When everything was going my way, and nothing seemed too difficult. (The Message)

God calls me His friend...Wow the Creator of the universe is my friend. The same One who made the mountains and oceans is my friend...

That is hard to even wrap your mind around...

No comments: