Saturday, December 23, 2006

And I bring you good tidings .....

Well maybe not good tidings. I do not understand why my Mom has suddenly become certifiably crazy! When in doubt check out these posts of my lovely sister.

We have never been a Ward and June Cleaver kind of family but this is getting ridiculous!

I have however decided what Mom's Christmas gift will be:
  1. Adult Children: The Secrets of Dysfunctional Families
  2. The Dysfunctional Family Christmas Songbook
  3. Dysfunctional is putting it mildly Keychain
  4. I Saw Mommy Kicking Santa Claus : The Ultimate Holiday Survival Guide
On the other hand I will be loading us up with:
  1. Healing The Child Within: Discovery and Recovery for Adult Children of Dysfunctional Families
  2. Straight jackets
  3. Lots and lots of Drugs
  4. Ear plugs
Why can't Christmas be about the birth of Jesus? Why do I have to jump through hoops for my Mom and the "new family"? This isn't about not liking the new step siblings. It is about not knowing them and being thrown in a room and expected to bond, love each other and all get along immediately. I understand they are in the same boat but don't forget this event.

It has to be better than I expect it to be....

No comments: