Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I miss Jamaica.

I miss Jamaica.

I miss the warmth that I was complaining about being too hot in.

I miss the views I was blessed enough to see every day.

I miss the closeness of the friendships I developed there.

I maintained the friendships but it's just not quite the same.

I miss the kids that I bonded with in such a short time.

I miss the feelings of accomplishment that I had from the projects we did.

I do not however miss the bugs, roaches or chiggers that bit me or scared me by scurrying across the floor.

I do have to laugh as I remember someone trying to spray the bugs on the wall and the spray being too powerful...the bugs blew off the wall onto all of us standing there. Not funny then but it is now.

Or I laugh when I think of "Lilly" being scared of a cockroach scurrying in our bedroom while she was doing her hair...as she screamed to "JEEEEEEEESSSSSSSUUUUUUSSSSSS" for help she doused the roach with about a half a can of aerosol hairspray. I am sure he is shellacked to a wall somewhere in Jamaica.

I am however happy to be back online....sleeping in my own bed....eating familiar foods...but I do miss the Jucci patties.

No comments: