Friday, July 28, 2006

Quotes galore


The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
Author unknown

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Author unknown

I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.
George Burns

Gray hair is God's graffiti.
Bill Cosby

The tone is crucial, especially when you're working with something like psychiatry.
Billy Crystal

If you ever start feeling like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional family in the world, all you have to do is go to a state fair. Because five minutes at the fair, you'll be going, 'you know, we're alright. We are dang near royalty.'
Jeff Foxworthy

I don't really look at myself as the kind of person who craves attention, but I've never been to therapy so there's probably a lot of stuff about myself that I don't know.
Al Yankovic

Don't lie,Tell one lie, then you gotta tell another lie to compound on the first.
Meyer Lansky

How well I have learned that there is no fence to sit on between heaven and hell. There is a deep, wide gulf, a chasm, and in that chasm is no place for any man.
Johnny Cash

Anybody who's ever gone through a hard time - any outsider's perception, no matter how much information they're given, they have no idea what the person's life is like.
Amy Grant

What you see is kinda what you get with me. I'm a very real person, or I hope to be, anyway. I don't have nothing to hide.
Kenny Chesney

A rattlesnake, if cornered will become so angry it will bite itself. That is exactly what the harboring of hate and resentment against others is - a biting of oneself. We think we are harming others in holding these spites and hates, but the deeper harm is to ourselves.
E. Stanley Jones

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so impressed that The Princess made your quote list.

Only a month or so until we get to see him!!!

Patty said...

I liked Al's the best!

Even having been to therapy, my family often (tries to) clue me in on lots of things I don't know about myself.