Thursday, July 06, 2006

Pet Peeves Part 1

I have a few pet peeves. I know it is shocking but alas it is true.

* I detest being interrupted in the shower. If I'm in the shower what on earth makes you think I want to have a conversation with you through a closed door. Now let me clarify this by saying Big Red and I used to have conversations while one was in the shower and the other was brushing teeth etc. But at this point in my life there is not one person that I would allow into the bathroom with me while I shower. I am guessing I will have more patience when it is a child of mine but adults should know enough to wait.

*People who make plans with you and don't bother to call you to let you know they are running late or will not be able to make it at all. If I say I will do something that means I will do it or call in person to explain why it isn't going to work.

* It also aggravates me to no end when people interrupt me. I have someone in my life who never lets me finish a sentence before she interrupts to tell me why I'm wrong. I actually laughed out loud once when I was repeating back what she had said and she started teliing me why it was wrong before she could catch herself. She listened as it was coming out of her mouth and corrected herself.

That's all for now but I may post more as I come across them. Do you have any pet peeves that you'd like to share?

1 comment:

Patty said...

Would have LOVED to watch that exchange as she realized what she was saying!

My pet peeves mostly have to do with someone not putting things back where they found them, especially the refrigerator. They seem to think there is only one shelf, and EVERYTHING goes on it. Oh! Yes! Another is that nobody but me seems to notice the smudges on the mirrors, bits of fallen whatever on the floors, and/or dust on the end tables. (Or dust anywhere for that matter.)

Maybe it's time for me to cut these pets loose?