Saturday, July 22, 2006

Let your inner geek out!

Ok So it is official! She's not the only geek in the family. Everyone knows that my lovely sister over here is proud of her Geek Status. I am here to say...

Drumroll please.....

I created this template on my own with the help of a handy Dandy website I found which is currently linked at the very bottom of the page! I can be geeky too!

I changed the title to reflect a long held theory of mine. Every one has skeletons in the closet and some times you just need to cough up a bone or two to keep growing in the right direction.

So I headed off to the mall with my sister and Jr. today. Just an intermission in their day that included a stop at the infamous Build a Bear I have heard so much about.

Jr. picked out a dog and dressed him as Superman and alas we have a new member of the family called Krypto. Go figure a boy after my own heart.

I was however highly amused by Coffee's attempt to create Krypto's birth certificate on the computer they have at the store. You see the computer is labeled in such a way as to make it seem "kid friendly". Instead of saying "press the enter key" it says "press the green square". Now keep in mind that my sister has her first degree in some sort of IT field...I think it is a computer type degree of some sort. She is mere months away from a BACHELOR'S degree in computer type stuff.

She struggled to follow the directions to press the green key, press the Diamond shape for a No answer and other commands. As I chuckled and pointed them out to her she said, "Why do they call it a diamond key? I could have found it if they called it F10!"

I couldn't resist this little jab at her after we had spent so much time focusing on how long it had been since I had been to the mall. I am NOT a mall person to say the least. I have not been there in probably 5 years. I have only been once since they took the ice rink out and had never seen the 2 story carousel.

I see the fashion trends in magazines, on people and in other stores. I just have NO DESIRE to dress that way. I believe I can be respectfully modest and fashionable in my own way. This is not a license to have open season making fun of the way one4jc dresses if you know me.

I just happen to believe I can dress the way I want without the $$ price mark up at the mall. I will be purchasing new clothes once I settle on a size to wear. I had been stepping on the scale once a week at work. I got busy... the kids got crazy etc etc. I stepped on again on Friday and discovered I have lost another 7 pounds. After I did the happy dance a little my coworker and I had quite a conversation on weight and how it really doesn't matter. It really is about what is on the inside of a person that counts.

Although she couldn't believe I really gave her the correct number...she actually got up to look at the scale :o)

I hope to level off the weight loss soon purely for health reasons. The only reason I can figure I am losing weight is because of the divorce. I haven't really changed the way I eat or what I eat I just don't live with him and never plan to again. So far I have dropped almost 75 lbs I think?

Yea!

No comments: