Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Create your own caption day

Ok amuse yourselves today with the picture above. I loved the story everyone was able to come up with in the "add a line" post and the last "create a caption" went well so we will give it another try.

This picture reminds me of my Sister's wedding reception... somewhat.

You see I was young and dumb when my sister got married in fact I was only 22 years old. It was quite a site to see me dressed in a formal Black and White dress to stand as her Maid of Honor. I was thrilled when she asked me. The wedding itself wasn't too terribly eventful. BUT....

On the way to the reception the Limo got lost on the country roads despite me trying to tell him he was going in the wrong direction. My Dad finally flagged him down and told him to follow him to the hall...well ok it wasn't quite that polite but....

Some of the ushers and wedding guests were involved in a car accident that sent many of them to the hospital. One guest showed up late to the reception and didn't realize he had blood on his shirt and it kind of gave it away.

Many other family quirks were brought to the surface as they are at every gathering of the clan.

Unfortunately I discovered how much I liked Champagne at this particular event. I had never had it before and I believe it was called Cook's. I don't recall the toast for the most part but it has lived on in the form of Video.

Back to the part that reminds me of the picture...

Apparently I decided that I knew how to ballroom dance. I did a wonderful job with my dance partner (at least I wasn't dancing alone). We waltzed, we tangoed and threw caution into the wind as we whirled around the dance floor (at least that is what I am told) and then it happened...

Someone decided that I needed a rose. In my wonderfully inebriated state I placed the rose in my teeth and continued to dance. There are many pictures of this event. Even ones where I am being dipped, rose in teeth and cleavage hanging out for all to see...

I don't recall being driven to the hotel we were all staying at, nor my trip down to the hotel bar nor a conversation with my Dad about how lucky my sister was because she was married now.

Everyone was surprised that I made it to breakfast the next morning...

There are reasons that I don't drink anymore...laughing to myself...

1 comment:

Patty said...

(With her support system standing by applauding, she says.....)

"I told you if you cheated on me one more time you would be out of here!"