Saturday, July 01, 2006

I need to whine for a minute....

So I was very excited last night when Mr. Manly (Brother-in-law) came over to mow the lawn. He said he was grateful that I have been watching Junior while he and Coffee are off working and learning at various places in the lovely city. So I am ready to head to the garage yet again to try my hand at fixing the flat again.

I have tried several times over the last few weeks to "pop" my tire off, replace the tube inside and replace the tire. I never got past the first "pop" and was ready to put the thing on eBay at this point...

As I am out in the garage Mr. Manly offers to help me get it started... In true Mr. Manly form he took over the entire project and just completed it for me. All I had to do was put air in the tire and I would be feeling the wind in my hair once again!

Motorcycle Mike fills the tire with air and I am off to scoot around town.

YES! I am happy again.

I rode for almost an hour, put gas in it, picked up mail from that other house and then I hear it...

Psssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I am stopped at a light and quickly pull over into the nearest parking lot.

Yep.... It is true...The same &$@#* tire was flat again.

I tried to call several people...Duh... It is a holiday weekend and no one was to be found anywhere.

After securing the scooter to a pole in the parking lot I begin to walk. 10 + blocks

After some negotiating with the local neighbors and family the scooter was returned to the garage. Again.

I was advised to go purchase ANOTHER tube for the inside of the tire. Or rather exchange the one they sold me that had a hole in it. The tube that pooped out today was the first tube that had been repaired because the newly purchased one never inflated due to a hole.

So much for all the money I have been saving on gas.

I just want to ride the scooter. Is that too much to hope for?

1 comment:

Patty said...

It isn't fair that you have to work soooo hard to try and have a little fun. I used to pray for patience until someone pointed out that maybe all of my frustrations were God's way of answering my prayers and increasing my patience through practice. Mmmmmmm..... Now I try and refraise that along the lines of "God give me strength." We women can use increase strength as we age and our bones get thinner. (Designed to make you smile...... Did it work?)