Thursday, August 31, 2006

Kenny...sigh

The closer Sunday gets the more excited I am getting. Plans are being made...cars are being borrowed...music is being learned??? Well kind of. I am really going to hang out with a friend I have never met. I have spoken on the phone, emailed back and forth etc with her BUT because she lives a state or so away we have never met. I am looking forward to this.

I mentioned it at work and one of the parents told me that her son is a huge fan of Kenny.

He's two.

But knows more songs than I do at this point. We joked about me wearing a backpack and sneaking him into the concert but decided he might get hungry or thirsty at some point. Anyway I'm not willing to spend that much money for a child's ticket. Maybe if she fronts me the cash I look into a souvenir for the little chap.

4 comments:

Betty Boob said...

Have fun and drool a little for me. Now are we going to act like a “fallen in love” teenager? I would, go have fun, no one but you can tell! :0)

Patty said...

I know I like Kenny's music, but I couldn't name one of his songs, I am terrible at that.

Have fun meeting face to face with your new buddy. I did a simular thing when I did my Hospice training. I don't know why, but when the actual meeting time came I was "first date" nervous. As soon as we hugged hello it faded away and two minutes later anyone observing us would have though we had been friends for years.

JR - A Green Eyed Gurl.... said...

Ok, having worked in country music radio, I have seen Kenny three times....sigh....I would love to see him again! Let me tell you, if he does the old Conway Twitty "Lay You Down"....you are gonna....um.....melt! There are not many artists I see more than once...is Unkle Cracker with him? God, I wish I were you...

JR - A Green Eyed Gurl.... said...

P.S.

I posted my favorite Kenny concert pic over on my blog for ya!