Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Inspired by Coffee

So Coffee had a cool post where she remembers the first album she bought. She challenged her readers to think back to their first purchase. I have listed my first ones in 2 different categories. My first mainstream one I remember purchasing is Sinead O'Conner "I do not want what I do not have". I like the melancholy, Irish, folksy kind of sound she had. This album is not nearly as angry as her later albums. Of which as of 2002 I had all of them that she had recorded. I blame it on my Irish roots as to why I actually like her music...



My first purchase was actually a Christian tape by Whiteheart called "Don't wait for the Movie". I highly doubt anyone else has even heard of this group so I have also listed the first secular album I bought. I loved this tape because it was my first exposure to Christian music that wasn't hymns. I love hymns but as a teen I had no clue that anything else existed. This of course was before I made the decision to walk away from my faith. But that is an entirely different post...

Music in our house was a special event. I remember being excited when my Dad would golf on Saturdays because we would get to listen to the stereo while we cleaned the house. Of course then it was either The Carpenters or Anne Murray. Maybe that explains why I always have music going in my house.

So what was your first purchase of music?

2 comments:

Sheri said...

You bought Sinead??? Wow I have a whole new view of you. I still own I do Not Want . . . but my favorite was and still is Lion and the Cobra.

Patty said...

My first album was the Partridge Family. The one with their buss on the cover along with that little signature partridge on it.

Yes! I am that old!