Friday, August 11, 2006

The clown prayer

Tonight as we are graduating "our" clowns I have tried to step back and remember why I started this whole thing to begin with...

Lord,As I stumble through this life,
help me to create more laughter than tears,
dispense more cheer than gloom,
spread more cheer than despair.

Never let me become so indifferent,
that I will fail to see the wonders in the eyes of a child,
or the twinkle in the eyes of the aged.

Never let me forget that my total effort is to cheer people,
make them happy, and forget momentarily,
all the unpleasantness in their lives.

Never let me compromise the integrity of being
a clown for God by misdeeds or inappropriate actions.

And in my final moment,
may I hear You whisper:
“When you made My people smile,
you made Me smile.”

In Jesus Name, Amen

-Anonymous-

No comments: