Thursday, August 10, 2006

Broken?

I learned a lot from my classes last night. From the clown class that I teach I have learned how willing kids can be to "take one for the team". We will have a graduation ceremony on Friday that they seem to be prepared for but are willing to switch parts around at the last minute to fill in the holes.

I wasn't going to stay for the other class (that I grow from) but something just stuck inside me and I ended up staying. Boy I'm glad I did. I will probably spend a lot of time trying to digest all the information.

I grew up somewhat in the country so I am familiar with the process of breaking a horse. The lady last night made a very interesting point. God intends for us to be broken. Brokenness is God's purpose in our lives. Check out Job 5:17-18 or Hebrews 12:1-2, 5:8-9 or 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.

Like a horse God can mold us when we are broken. Brokenness is His way of preparing us for the future. When we walk through tough times it teaches us to lean on Him for our strength and courage. Hebrews 12:5-11 shows us God loves us when He disciplines us.

The point is this...

We have to be broken to run with Spirit.

Even the best racehorse had to be broken before it could run with spirit. We have be broken to run with the Spirit.

When my dreams are gone ...when my dreams then become His dreams for my life that is when I can truly run with the Spirit of God inside me.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Unlike a horse, God has also given us free will. He will not break us unless it is our will to bow and break so that he might heal us with his love and spirit.