Sunday, April 22, 2007

Oddities

Oddities are common around here. People for instance...you will not believe this but this woman actually does look like one of my Grandma's. However it would have been a cigarette not a cigar.

Working in the field I am in I tend to come across odd children and parents. 'Nuff said.

But I have always been fascinated by odd names. So I have compiled a list of odd names either that I have known personally or that I have stumbled across on the internet.

JOHN BATH married ELIZABETH DUCKEM Launceston, 03/12/1650.

CHARLES SWINE married JANE HAM Perranzabuloe , 13/01/1711

ISREAL KNEEBONE Crowan - MR/MB/81, buried 13/02/1937, aged 87 years.

Crystal Toot, President, Kansas State PTA.

Jim James

2.4 year old triplets, 2 identical, 1 fraternal Charity, Faith, Hope, Kyler and Genesis

And there are 13 sets of twins floating around with the names of Mia and Mya...either of these by themselves are easily two of my favorite names but can you imagine standing at the back door yelling out into the yard for them? It reminds me of Mama Mia!

What about Dick Trickle?

John Senior, Jr., New York City.

Mrs. Screech, Singing Teacher, Victoria, British Columbia.

Dr. Zoltan Ovary, Gynecologist, New York Hospital, New York City.

And Nicholas Cage named his son Kal-el Note: Kal-el is Superman's birth name. Now even I am NOT that big of a fan!

Penn Jillette (of Penn and Teller) named his daughter Moxie CrimeFighter

And we can't forget Demi Moore and Bruce Willis with daughters Rumer Glenn, Scout Larue and Tallulah Belle

Oh and growing up I actually knew people named Jimmy James and Derk Dirk.

So do you know of any odd names?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Uh hum. I know a lot but you know them too. My maiden name wasn't a bowl of cherries you know.
I wonder how Kyler of all of the above listed Faith, Hope, et all feels that he didn't get named David or Abraham or Issac or something.
I see therapy in his future.