Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Like the days of our lives....


Since Monday when I started the new job my mind has been racing full of ideas about things I want to do and ways to improve this program.

The current/outgoing director schedules herself for 60+ hours a week. While she over staffs some of the rooms?? She is the kitchen lady/float person/break person/receptionist/greeter/ director.

I will be implementing things slowly...very slowly. After I get the staffing issues fixed my next goal will be to get ALL the teacher to turn in Lesson plans. Most do but some have decided that's "just not for me". Well that will change. My first goal is to get enough staff in place to let the director be the director...then the program will improve.

Patience...patience...patience...

2 comments:

Kiran Raj said...

oh vow..stumbled upon your blog and quite moved and also impressive..

so what is that you do now??

am from the far east side..India

Patty said...

Sounds like a great challenge that will be very fullfilling when you are successful.

Also sounds like the former director found it easier to do a bunch of stuff herself than to do the work required to assure she didn't have to? I did this at times when I was teaching my kids how to do things around the house.