Thursday, April 12, 2007

Did they really say that?

I found a cool site and borrowed some of the funny things I found:

This is really a lovely horse, I once rode her mother.
by Ted Walsh - Horse Racing Commentator

We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
by Jason Kidd, upon his drafting to the Dallas Mavericks

The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing.
by Dizzy Dean (explaining how he felt after being hit on the head by a ball in the 1934 World Series)

I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
by Greg Norman

Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points they almost always win.
Doug Collins, basketball commentator

Half this game is ninety percent mental.
by Danny Ozark Philadelphia Phillies manager

Moses Kiptanui - the 19 year old Kenyan, who turned 20 a few weeks ago.
by David Coleman

I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body.
by Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball

Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious.
by Alan Minter

The racecourse is as level as a billiard ball.
by John Francombe

If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.
by Terry Venables

For those of you watching in black and white, Spurs are in the all- yellow strip.
by John Motson

There goes Juantorena down the back straight, opening his legs and showing his class.
by David Coleman at The Montreal Olympics

No comments: