Sunday, November 26, 2006

The big drop off

So Big Red called me earlier this weekend to make arrangements to bring over some of my things that apparently I forgot during the great escape. I was in a hurry to try to get rid of him so I didn't really look through the boxes as he unloaded them into the garage and back porch.

I should have paid closer attention.

It looks as though I will have quite a bit to sell in the big spring garage sale my Mom is planning. I did refuse one box of lace curtains that he tried to give me because I know they belong to his sister. He said everything is mine.

So my thought is if he says it is mine... it is mine to sell, donate or toss out right?

The things I am happy to get are a few family heirlooms, the freezer and a bookcase! I am so happy to have another bookcase to start taking my books out of boxes. Finally!

I have discovered the things that I do value. My books and my "kid" memories are important. I still have not located my ultrasound pictures, my memory box of the children and a few other important items.

Now I must begin the process of sorting before the next load comes over next weekend.

I continue to be amazed at how God walks me through every situation. I look back at how far I have come in the last year with God's help and I am amazed. The twins would have been 4 today. I thought about it a few times but spent my day NOT dwelling on it. Grief is a process. I handled it well this year but next year could be totally different as well. Everyone handles grief in their own way. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to grieve. Keeping the process moving is really the key. As long as you are not stuck in grief then you will eventually make progress.

Anyway back to the sorting....

1 comment:

JR - A Green Eyed Gurl.... said...

That's a lot of emotions to deal with. My ex broke into our house a year ago and locked the kids and I out (we were in the process of moving) and he threw away most of what was left. It got tied up in court and red tape, basically, I got my jewelry, family pictures, china and silver back. The rest was destroyed by him including the kids toys, clothes, personal belongings. It was horrible. We had moved a lot of our things, but were coming back for the final things the day he broke in. Its his own bad karma, and we were a lot better off than if our home had burned or been flooded, but the point I am making, is the day he delivered the personal family memorabilia, it was just a flood of emotions, to get it back and to realize just how precious it was and what truly matters.

Hugs to you.