Thursday, November 02, 2006

Not sure what to make of this...

So I just got done removing a post from November of 2005. I am not a big fan of editing my thoughts and feelings but when faced with removal of my post and a possible lawsuit I feel like I must comply. I received an email today from blogger stating that they had received a complaint that I allegedly infringed on the copyrights of others.

I have received in an email most likely 25 times a poem called "In my Dash". <--Please see the fact that credit is given to this person and that I have not published anything other than the title and a link to the site.


No where on any of these emails does it list an author's name, author unknown or anything like that. I believed it to be a touching poem that was making the rounds on the net. I have removed the poem in it's entirety from my website. But I did a search for other sites with this poem and found these...Make sure to read the comments on this one and for a complete list check out this page.

I guess I would like to take this opportunity to ask if someone has a problem with something on my site to please click on my profile to gain access to an email address to contact me personally. If I would have been contacted I would have taken it down or given the proper credit to the Author. If anyone has spent much time on this site they will now know that I am not a person to intentionally violate the law.

But who knows I may have violated the law by publishing links to the other people's site with the poem as well....If so I will remove this one as well.

No comments: