Saturday, November 26, 2005

Happy Day vs. Sad Day

Today has been rough. On one hand it is a happy day because it is a close friend's birthday on the other hand the twins would have been 3 today. Maybe I should back track a little for you...

I have miscarriages. I have no children here, they are all in Heaven waiting for me. Various dates have significance for me because either it would have/ should have/could have been a birthday or it is a date that one of my angels went to Heaven. Today is one of those days.

Big Red and I lost twins and they would have been due today. I don't expect him to remember because his mind is not good with dates. Usually we would curl up in bed watch a movie and just cuddle our way through the tears that come and go on days like these. I don't know what he did but I cleaned my bedroom, did laundry, put my new sheets on the bed and talked things over with God.

I did manage to brave the crowds yesterday and do a little shopping. I'm not a crowds person let alone a shopper by anyone's standards... so this was an accomplishment to say the least. I got my nephew an X-Box game that will make me the favorite Aunt this year! This is when I also picked up new "T-Shirt" sheets with a funky stripe pattern. New bed=new sheets. This bed happens to be one that I inherited and was storing at my Mother's house so it will go with me when I start over on my own. Of course I will be taking the matching dressers from the house at some point which should create some more tension between Big Red and I.

I have enjoyed my 4 day weekend BUT I have discovered how much time is TOO much time with my mother. I plan on making a "run" for it by planning some things with friends from church for tomorrow afternoon (I hope).

1 comment:

Laura said...

I hope you were OK today; I can't even imagine how you feel. I'll say an extra prayer for you, the twins and Big Red at church tomorrow.