Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Christmas Story

I love this movie! If you have not seen it you need to check out A Christmas Story either on DVD or during the 24 hour marathon that TNT does on Christmas Eve.

Having grown up in the state of Indiana where the film is based I find particular humor in the subtle humor regarding pronouncing city names and other small town idiosyncrasies.

The above scene came to mind today as a friend at work brought her lunch into the office and the lid of her drink slipped causing her to spill her pop all over the desk and down her jeans to the floor. In fact a few pieces of ice slid into the hallway where I was talking to a Pastor.

"Son of a ..............Gun!" is heard from the office. The Pastor smiled and said he needed to go back to his office.

Down the hallway I mused with a coworker that it was amazing that a word or two had not slipped out.

As I walked by the office to go get my coat the "spiller" commented that she was quite surprised that she didn't say, "Oh s%^t".

I chuckled to myself thinking that she would have not gotten a timeout or, in the case of this movie, become a connoisseur of the finer soap tastes.

Anyway make time to see this movie it is hilarious.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Speaking of a slip of the tounge at the wrong time... One Christmas Eve church service, as the candles are being passed around and lit for the traditional Silent Night singing, and one of the parents are whispering to his two boys to "knock it off or your going to catch something on fire," out of the blue comes, "Oh sh*#! My hair is on fire!" as a teen runs out of the pew and up the isle. A wise parent reached over and put her out, the rest of us took up the cue and started singing as if nothing had happen, and I said a silent "AMEN! Thank goodness it wasn't my kid that swore in church." The kids and I still chuckle whenever we are somewhere lighting a candle and singing Silent Night.