Monday, September 25, 2006

Serves you right

When you are sticking yourself where you do not belong you can expect consequences. When someone tries to make someone fit into a certain category that is much like putting a square peg in a round hole.

Over the years I have changed more than anyone can really fathom. No one really knew the old me as I was very selective in what I said. Sure I was around people but they only knew bits and pieces. No one knew the entire story of one4jc.

When I run into people from years ago they do not believe the changes I have made. They think it is an act, a con or gimmick of some kind. It takes time for people from years ago to get to know the different me. It is a matter of me walking the walk and being the new me. Over time they will see that it is genuine.

IF (and that is not really even a possibility) I ever tried to go back to the old me it simply would not work. I have been exposed to a better way of life and I can't go back.

But that's OK because I wouldn't want to go back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As your sister I can say the old you is dead. Unable to be brought back dead. Sure, I am sure there are aspects of your personality or habits that could come back under certain circumstances if pushed, but I am fully confident that they would not stay for longer than a moment. We all go through seasons. We are constantly growing changing and in flux... all of us. ALL of us. Good thing. Wouldn't you hate to be doomed to be the person you are today for the rest of your life? Not that you are bad today, but to be able to grow and change, that is what makes it all so marvelous.