Thursday, September 21, 2006

Cookies and seizures

It was an interesting day at work as we had a child taken away in an ambulance due to a naptime seizure. This actually shook me up a bit. I didn't realize just HOW attached I am to these children. Yes I know I love them....Yes I care for them everyday...I know all that but to see that child gurgling and shaking on that cot...my heart broke. I held it together during the event. Helped move the remaining kids to a different room...relayed information...moved things out of the way and tried to stay in the room so if he did awaken maybe a familiar face would help to calm him. I tried to help calm the teacher in the room as well...I can't imagine if I had been the one sitting in the room...She did a great job.

He will be OK. But saying an extra prayer might not hurt right now...
So for some strange reason last week I volunteered to bake 2 dozen cookies to be served at a community outreach and work day this weekend.

I don't bake.

I have never made cookies... well that were edible anyway.

So I trotted off to the grocery store and picked up the "Roll o' Cookie dough" required. I managed to do it! I baked cookies! OK not from scratch but hey I ate one and it was good...no nausea, vomiting or other ill effects.

Another first in my life. They seem to be racking up here lately :o)

4 comments:

Patty said...

The secret to baking a good cookie is to cream the butter, (yes you MUST use butter in my opinion) sugar, and eggs together for a long time until they are light and fluffy.

Tell me what your favorite cookie is and I will send you a good recipe to try.

Do you have a mixer?

one4JC said...

Ha Ha Did you miss the part about buying the "Roll o' Cookie Dough"...There is NO WAY I could make them from scratch!

My cookies where ala Pillsbury tube of cookies. LOL Me baking real food from scraotch is quite amusing...

Unknown said...

Did you say amusing?
Why don't you blog us some of your famed cooking stories?

Betty Boob said...

Sorry to hear about the little one, and it's hard because they do always hold a special place in our hearts. Little ones are special all in their own way.

So I think you should also blog on some of your cooking experiences. I will tell you that I can bake but it's so much easier to pull that box off the shelf this day and age. The sad part is my kids can't tell the difference from the scratch to the boxed.