Friday, September 08, 2006

Moral depravity

Just when I think that we as a society can't get any worse or sink any lower I come across this article. The first report was this one but I don't recommend the article for reading if you get "fired up" easily.
Let me rant a little here...
* Did the family members of the 11 year old not know where she was?
* Where are the parents of these 20+ boys?
* Since when did we as a society begin to teach our children that it is ok to "prostitute" your younger friends?
* It seems to me that maybe some of these participants should be charged as adults. And the 40 year old??? Don't even get me started...drawn and quartered comes to mind!
* Did this girl know she was HIV+?
* What is going on in this girl's head that she wanted to "began to choose who she wanted to perform oral sex on."????

The understatement of the year is.....
"When you have people working in concert and no one in the group is showing conscience, that's a real problem." Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett

This is what I believe they call the mob mentality. If you live in Milwaukee you had better watch out because this seems to be running rampant.

It seems unlikely that many (if any at all) will become infected with the HIV virus. If they do become infected it scares me to think that this many people with a record of sexual assault could be free in the future to commit more crimes of this nature.

Well I have only scatched the surface of the feelings and thoughts I have on this subject but I need to let myself "breathe" again.

Any thoughts you wish to share?

1 comment:

Patty said...

I have not heard of this story, but like you said in my comment section, when these things are uncovered, then we can pray for them and possibly make things better in the long run.

Though it might not be good for your blood pressure, I think it is great that you get fired up about protecting our children. Thank you.