Monday, November 07, 2005

My First Husband...

I know it's getting near the end when I start referring to Big Red as my First Husband instead of my husband. We had another "incident" today. We went to the cell phone company so that he could contest or dispute the number of phone calls to 20+ years friend STILL on the bill. I'm letting him puff out his chest about this but I've already talked to the manager of the customer service department and know that they can't/won't take calls off a bill if it a number that has been dialed from that phone before undisputed. Did you follow that? Basically Big Red is screwed as far as proving his "innocence" in the matter. We continued the disagreement in the parking lot where he still holds on to the issue with the stripper in the yard talking thing (see the Oct 19 post)! Of course he did nothing wrong.

Now Big Red has decided that he wants a new accountability person. He doesn't like that I have talked to his AP and told him what Big Red has agreed to be accountable for! Excuses excuses. He is still flat out REFUSING to go back to counseling.

After the retreat on the 17th and 18th I will be making a decision with or without him. God has released me but I will give Him that weekend to minister to my heart and speak to me.

2 comments:

Phil said...

The writing is on the wall, clear for all to see. It seems to me that he has already checked out (if he had ever been 'checked-in'), and that you are thinking about trying to save something that is already gone. Has he given any indication that he wants to be married?

Just a few thoughts from someone who is currently lost, but good luck.

maynard said...

I feel for you, I have been there. Wish I could say I regret my decision, but I did what was best for me, and after seeing his actions after the divorce, I know I did the right thing. God Bless in all your decisions.