Thursday, November 17, 2005

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well after my great weekend discovering "my story" at that conference now I'm off to a full fledged retreat on Fri. and Sat. To backtrack a little:

Big Red told me about his affair the Weds. before I attended this same retreat in May. At our church we can attend a 16 week class called "Cleansing Streams" and attend a retreat for a weekend to grow in our relationship with God. Last time I was completely blown out of the water by his "little announcement" and still went to the retreat in a town over 2 hours away. This time the retreat is in my own town so I'm attending (we don't have to attend the class more than once in order to attend).

I am really looking foward to "getting away" and growing closer to God. Lately I have felt like God is standing beside me in every decision I have made or contemplated. I feel amazingly close to Him in these last weeks.

This is the verse I'm holding onto today:

Romans 15:13 (NIV)
13May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

maynard said...

We seem to have the exact same shoes and walked down the exact same path. The only difference is red told you, I found out by accident, and then went through lies after that. The answer to your question that you asked me is, yes you can.

You are in my prayers,
Maynard