Sunday, February 11, 2007

This is the song I was telling a friend about the other day....


Your House (Hidden Track)
By Alanis Morissette
BestAudioCodes.com


Ok the song starts out a little creepy. But when I think of all the things that she does in his apartment I believe it is her way of saying goodbye...then she finds the letter and it is no longer her choice to say goodbye.

I can relate to this. No I had no intentions of leaving Big Red but when I found out about the affair I tried to grasp onto any little bit of control I thought I had. I wanted it to be my choice to leave. He chose the adultery and I wanted to chose to kick his butt to the curb. But when it was slowly revealed to me that he was/is still "dating" I no longer had the choices. Well I did because I could have stuck around and stayed (yeah right!) but I think more of myself than to live in a relationship like that.

I don't feel like this song anymore but I can see how someone could get stuck in this place....

3 comments:

Laura said...

Did you read my comment about how people take marriage so flippantly? We all deserve better than to be cheated on. You made a tough choice, but it was the right one, and you've got great things in your future.

Unknown said...

I could not agree more!

Patty said...

Glad you caught yourself, as there is always a choice in all of our decision making. You made the right one, no doubt in my mind.