Monday, February 12, 2007

Cabin Fever is officially here!


It is official I have a bad case of Cabin Fever. And the local weather report here is predicting 11 inches of snow by Weds. morning. I am going to have to vote against that because I have more important things to do this week than dig my car out of a snowbank. I am ready for Spring for so many reasons...


  • I am longing to go flying around town on the scooter.
  • I really want the sun to produce warmth instead of fooling my mind into thinking it is warm outside despite the wind gusts that make the windchill around -25 degrees.
  • I want ... no..... NEED to take the children at work outside. They need to run some steam off and get the wiggles out so to speak.
  • I need to clean the house this week because Mom and Beau are coming back from Texas sometime this week... but I don't want to get out from under the blanket that has been keeping me toasty warm.
  • I am ready for spring so that they can get some more of their things out of the house. I am not pushing them out but I feel like a kid living at home seeing all my Mom's things around. I want to bring more than my clothes, my computer and a TV into the house. I would like to decorate a little in something other than clowns for the living room.
  • I am ready (for the most part) for the divorce to be final. I have a few loose ends to tie up but let's get things moving on....
  • I am ready to get the garage put together into the woodworking shop. I just need to pick up the table saw from someone's house who borrowed it. When I have the garage ready Beau will be bringing down the tools that where my Dad's for me to have. Not all of them just the ones I can use for woodworking. I have already designed the entertainment center from Jamaica. I have created the plans for a bench/box with a "pillow top" to serve as seat while still usable for storage. I want to build my own book shelves. I know a little boy who might like a lego table. I have a few people already ask me to make them a step stool or a box with words burned onto the top. Oh I am ready to get started!
Not that any of this will happen this week but it is nice to dream.

1 comment:

Patty said...

This is that time of year when I spluge on a gardening magazine or two. Just looking at all the lush green and flowers makes me feel better. Hang in there, March is almost here and I heard that the groundhog didn't see his shaddow so we are suppose to have an early spring.